1. Scheduling and Visit Times: Scheduling is on a first come first service basis and Pets and Peeps will do our best to accommodate your needs.
3. Early Returns: Pets and Peeps understands that your plans change and we are very flexible if notified. If you return home, please notify us immediately. If however, you do not notify Pets and Peeps of an early return and we make a trip and find you home, the regular pets visit fee will apply
6. Inclement Weather: Primarily severe storms, snow/ice conditions etc. You will entrust Pets and Peeps to use best judgment in caring for your pets(s) and home if we are servicing you at the time of inclement weather. Pets and Peeps will try to carry out your instructions to the best of our ability. The care we provide to our customer’s pets and their safety is our first concern. Client selection of a nearby emergency contact is requested. The inclement weather plan will be as follows: 1) Every effort will be made to drive to your home; 2) The service schedule may be changed, interrupted, or altered due to circumstances; 3) If it is not possible to drive safely to your home, your emergency contact will be notified, 4) You will be notified that the above mentioned contingency plan has been activated.
7. Emergency Contact: Pets and Peeps will request the name and phone number of a person living nearby (with access to your home). This should be a person close enough to walk to your home if roads are impassable (for example, a neighbor). If we are physically unable to drive to your home this information is needed so that we can contact this person to request their assistance to check on your pet(s). Please remember that garage door openers are not operational in the event of power outages. In the event that the client does not provide a nearby emergency contact with access to your home for Pets and Peeps client realizes that we will provide service but not until conditions allow us to reach your home safely.
8. Medications/Vaccinations: Pets and Peeps will attempt to administer medications as directed but cannot be held responsible for complications that arise as a result. Excessively shy cats with medical problems can be a serious risk. If you have such an animal, this must be thoroughly discussed. Pets and Peeps will not service any pet that has any form of contagious illness. This is for the safety of other clients. Pets and Peeps requires that all pets have the necessary vaccinations, immunizations or titers before service begins. If a Pets and Peeps pet care provider is bitten or exposed to any disease or ailment received from the client’s pet(s) which has not been properly or currently vaccinated, the client will be responsible for all costs and damages that may incur.
9. Access to your Home by Others: If you allow any other person(s) access to your home during Pets and Peeps contract period, we cannot be held liable for any damages to property or pets as a result. Please notify Pets and Peeps if someone will be in your home. Please also notify the person(s) in your home that Pets and Peeps is coming so that your visitor, as well, is not surprised by our entrance.
10. Fences: Fenced in yards are wonderful play spaces for pets, however, no fence system is totally secure for your pet’s safety. Pets and Peeps does not accept responsibility or liability for any customer’s pets that escape, are injured, fatally or otherwise, or become lost when pets are left out or given access to a fenced in area. This includes electronic, wood, metal or any other fence types.
12. Leashes: All dogs will be required to be on leash during outdoor walks.
14. Animal Behavior: Animals behavior can be unpredictable. Pets and Peeps does not accept responsibility or liability for animal behavior, normal or otherwise, which results in injury to the client’s animals or property. Further, if a Pets and Peeps pet care provider is harmed or injured by the client’s animals, the client/owner accepts full responsibility for the cost of any necessary medical attention required by either the Pets or Peeps pet care provider or by the animals.
15. Updates: Please provide us with any changes regarding your pet’s care and other pertinent information.
18. Thermostat: Please leave your thermostat settings within a normal comfortable range (60-73°F). If the house temperature is outside of this range, the Pets and Peeps pet care provider will adjust the thermostat. This is to ensure the health and comfort of your pets and Pets and Peeps, LLC pet care provider during our time of service.
19. Client Return: Client notifies Pets and Peeps when you have returned home. It is important to know that your pets are being cared for and no additional visits are required.
20. Animal Emergency: Client authorizes Pets and Peeps to transport your pet(s) to a veterinarian in the event of their illness or injury and authorize treatment deemed necessary by the veterinarian. In the event the pet is in need of hospitalization; Pets and Peeps is authorized to leave the pet until the pet can be transported home. If at-home medication is prescribed, Pets and Peeps has my permission to administer the directed dosage.
21. Liability: The Sitter accepts no liability for any breach of security or loss of or damage to the Owner’s property if any other person has access to the property during the term of this agreement. The Sitter shall not be liable for any mishap of whatsoever nature which may befall a pet or caused by a pet who has unsupervised access to the outdoors. The Owner shall be liable for all medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to the Sitter or the general public caused by the pet as well as damage to the Owner’s property. The Sitter is released from all liability related to transporting pet(s) to and from any veterinary clinic or kennel, the medical treatment of the pet(s) and the expense thereof. Owner shall, at Owners sole expense, defend Pet Sitter against any claim or demand, whether or not well founded arising from any act(s) of Owner’s pet(s) or relation to Owner’s property. The Owner agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Pets, as well as its respective employees, successors and assigns free and harmless from all cost, expenses and liabilities in connection with such claims or demands. These costs, expenses and liabilities include amounts paid in settlement before or after suit is commenced, attorney’s fees and costs incurred by Pet Sitter in defending against such claims or demands.
22. Termination provision: Pets and Peeps reserves the right to terminate this contract at any time before or during its term if it, in its sole discretion, determines that Owner’s Pet(s) pose a danger to the health and/or safety of Pet Sitter. If this occurs Pet Sitter will notify the Owner immediately of the problem and determine whether Owner will return or if pet(s) will need to be placed in a kennel with all charges to be charged to the Owner.